Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Part I - Introduction to C

First of all, I'll give a brief introduction to the C language. Denis Ritchie is the creator of this language.
This introduction will be entirely based upon the book C++ The Complete Reference from Herbert Schildt. It's a great book, if you have the oportunity go and grab it... most of the time I'll try to apply what I'm talking to the game development area.



Summarizing, in this section I'll talk about the next topics:
  • The C subset of C++;
    • A overview of C;
    • Expressions;
    • Statements;
    • Arrays and Strings;
    • Pointer;
    • Functions;
    • Structures, Unions, Enumerations, and User Defined Types.
    • C Console I/O System;
    • C File I/O System;
    • Preprocessor Directives and Comments.
It'll be quite a long jorney don't you think?

So let's begin!!

Samuel

No comments: